Monday, February 12, 2007

I've got a what?!?

It's Monday and I'm in the shop. Again. We've had no gigs since the Leeds show (this is often a quiet time of year) so I was in here all last week- actually I did 6 days in a row, Monday to Friday. And now, after a mere one day off I'm here again. This has prompted a terrible realisation on my part- that (gulp!) I've got a job.

How the hell did that happen?!?

Still it's not all bad news. I've got a gig in Bedford this coming Saturday, depping in The Pistols. To this end I spent a good amount of yesterday afternoon roaring through Jones's riffs on my Les Paul Standard played through my latest toy, a Peavey Classic 30 combo. Shirley was in the other room doing some computing; she told me afterwards that she'd heard me playing and thought she'd better close the door- but it was already closed. So she thought she'd go and close the door of the room that I was in- you've guessed it, that one was already closed too.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday.

No comments: