Monday, September 21, 2015

'Hold your group together, with Rotosound Strings!'

When you're a kid trying to learn to play you never think that one day a World-renowned guitar string company would not only like you to use their products but would also want you to tell people that you use them - as if my name next to theirs might somehow enhance their reputation as much as their name might enhance mine. Well, I certainly didn't think something like that would happen. Well, incredibly it has! Ruts D.C. use Rotosound Strings!

(Incidentally I've got no illusions here - they have offered me an endorsement deal because of the band's reputation rather than mine... still, it doesn't half make me smile!)

Talking of Ruts D.C. it's nearly time for our European tour, full details of which can be found on the Muttis Booking Agency website. It's going to be be a busy week-and-a-half, with some big distances between shows and some long days in prospect, but I for one can't wait to get out there and play. I'm intending to update my Facebook page as we wend our way across the continent before we return on October 3rd to play a show with Hawkwind in Manchester - now there's something that I never thought I'd type! In the meantime I went to see Walter Lure supported by The Bermondsey Joyriders at The Jazz Cafe on Thursday, played with Big Al Reed and The Blistering Buicks at The Dolphin in Uxbridge the next night and then returned to The Salmon And Ball in Bethnal Green with The Upper Cut on Saturday night before making guest appearances with Department S (scheduled, that's the reason I was there) and T.V. Smith (unscheduled, but I wasn't going to say no was I?!?) at The Undercover Festival yesterday - all very enjoyable events, but now there's work of a different kind to do... 



No comments: