Thursday, October 08, 2015

'That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight...'


Behold this splendid image of Ruts D.C. taken by Graham Trott at The Academy in Manchester last Saturday 3rd October. We were supporting Hawkwind at their wonderfully-named Hawktoberfest, and even though I say so myself, we were doing a pretty good job. The show was on the back of 9 European shows organised by The Muttis Booking Agency (Hi Mutti, Katja and Sonja!) which saw us wend our way across Germany, PolandCzech Republic, Switzerland and Italy, travelling over 4,000 miles in total and having a great time in the process. Dave and Segs wrote some excellent blog pieces that can currently be seen on the band's website while I made the obligatory hard-to-read scribbled notes as I went along which intend to type up and get on here as as soon as I can. Mind you that won't be for a while, as we're playing at the rather loftily-titled Great British Alternative Music Festival in the hotbed of rock 'n' roll debauchery that is Skegness tomorrow before setting out on the UK leg of The 'Psychic Attack' Tour supported by The UK Feds. That'll keep us busy for the next couple of weeks - more obligatory hard-to-read scribbled notes beckon, and in the meantime I'll be updating my Facebook page as often as possible. If you're coming to a show then we'll see you there - do come over and say hello... 



Incidentally the Middlesborough show isn't happening - instead we'll be playing a 6pm acoustic show at Hog's Head Music in Edinburgh. It should be a good one... in the meantime Dave has chosen his 10 favourite Ruts and Ruts D.C. songs for TeamRock - the article includes a live version of our new song 'Psychic Attack' recorded last Saturday in Manchester - enjoy!

No comments: