Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Knob problems continue

Just got in from tonight's show (it's great playing near home!) which, whilst by no means a bad show, wasn't quite as good as last night. Surely routine can't be setting in already?
First job on arriving at the theatre was, you've guessed it, to fix my knob (did I ever show you my 'Carry On Guitar Hero' script?) which I did with some masking tape- you put some on the metal 'blade' of the switch which makes it a bit bigger and gives it a more abrasive surface for the plastic to grip on to. With that done and with Pete at the vocal helm- Mike's resting a bad throat with a view to getting through the show in one piece- sound check includes 'Honky Tonk Woman', 'Take Me to the River' and 'Long Train Running', none of which are in the show (yet!) but are good fun all the same. In no time at all Rob's 'voice of God' comes over the tannoy again and with a slightly smaller audience than last night the show feels a little subdued in comparison. Oh and my tone control knob came off this time. I'm beginning to take this personally.

Now begins the exciting bit- 2 shows each day (5.30 & 8.30 p.m.) for the next 3 days. I've never done a run of gigs like this before and I'm really looking forward to it...

No comments: