Sunday, February 15, 2009

Club less ordinary

Time to mention a couple of thing's happening locally this week:-

It's the opening night of Club Fluorescent this Thursday evening, at The Water's Edge in Cowley. With DJ sets from 3 likely lads (all of whom all make occasional appearances in these hallowed pages) and an acoustic performance from Colour Me Wednesday ('the greatest band ever to come out of Cowley') it should be a good night, and a venture well worth supporting in the future; I might even go along myself, if only to see if I'm the oldest person there!

Meanwhile Sunday sees the next of the occasional Acts Less Ordinary evenings at The Load Of Hay in Uxbridge, this one featuring the brilliant Roy Hill. Check his blog on his MySpace page- mad as hell and not going to take it anymore, his live shows are even better than I think they are, if you see what I mean. Actually if you do see what I mean can you please explain it to me? Oh and in an act of shameless self-publicity, I'm in the support act, so come along early to see what songs myself and Andy can remember from our headline appearance last August in a local barber's shop window. Marvellous.

2 great gigs within a mile or so of each other in the same week eh? We'll have to be careful or we'll use the whole year's worth up in one go...

No comments: