Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Living the dream

So there we were, sitting in a South London pub early yesterday evening. To my left is Dave Ruffy and to my right is John 'Segs' Jennings, respectively the drummer and bass player in popular hot-rocking beat combo Ruts D.C. - I'd been over at Dave's house for much of the day working on some new song ideas and now we're all discussing everything from our upcoming appearance at The Rebellion Festival to the shows we're playing with The Damned near the end of this year and lots more besides. It was a lovely day, the beer was tasting good and spirits were high - as we decided to have just one more drink before heading off back to our respective dwellings Dave remarked that 'Tuesday night is jam night' at a nearby pub, then mused on whether he might go down there later...

I woke up around 8.30am this morning on an inflatable mattress in Dave's spare room. My mouth was dry and I had a bit of a headache. I also had a rather peculiar recollection that Dave, Segs and myself (introduced as 'Ruffy's Troubadours') had played 'Whatever We Do' and 'Staring At The Rude Boys' to an audience of musicians and locals who had mostly looked on in amused astonishment. That lager really makes you have the oddest dreams sometimes doesn't it?

No comments: