Sunday, May 10, 2015

' 'Smell The Glove' is here...'

Ruts D.C. with 'Love In Vain' - at last!
Well last night promised much, and I'm pleased to say that it delivered much more, as 'Love In Vain - The Story Of The Ruts and Ruts D.C.' by Roland Link was finally unveiled after many years in the making. Edited by Paul Trynka and published by Cadiz Music and Sosumi Records it really is an amazing piece of work - I know you'd expect me to say that, but I'd like to think that I've still got some level of objectivity here... mind you, if you'd told me a few years ago that there would be a time when I'd be asked to autograph a book then I'd probably have told you that you'd gone completely mad - but it happened last night. Incredible. Said event took place at The Islington in Islington where Ruts D.C. played an acoustic and electric set, participated in two Q & A sessions with the afore-mentioned Messrs Link and Trynka and met what felt like the entire audience. And I'm going to say that every moment of it was enjoyable - and that's a great thing to be able to say.  

The previous evening The Upper Cut played at The Dolphin in Uxbridge. We'd rehearsed at Bush Studios in Shepherd's Bush the previous evening - this coupled with the fact that we've been playing regularly lately (well, regularly by our standards!) and that it was Big Al's birthday (he bought down quite a few family and friends) meant that we were on fine form throughout. Such was our enthusiasm that I managed to cut a finger by windmilling and being silly - I really should watch things like that shouldn't I?

Once again there's a busy week in prospect, meaning that once again blogging time is limited. The London Sewage Company play The Dublin Castle in Camden Town on Thursday, I'm joining Neck at The Curcus Festival in Dorset on Sunday and there are a couple of Buicks gigs in between - how on Earth am I going to find time to read Roland's book?!?  

1 comment:

Flint Awnings said...

Thank you for sharing.