Thursday, August 30, 2007

Business as usual- as usual

I went to the dentists and the doctors yesterday morning. (I thought I'd get them both out of the way in one go.) My dentist is still far too good looking to be a dentist; that said my lame 'I've had a bad back' protests fell on deaf ears as she told me off for not flossing correctly. Or at all. Or something. My doctor's away on holiday (as usual) so I saw a different one; after recounting the full painkiller-powered horrors of the last week-and-a-bit I was told that there's nothing wrong with me, or that if there is 'they' don't know what 'it' is. I was then given a barely readable photocopy of some back strengthening exercises and told to 'take it easy' and to 'be careful'. But of what exactly?

Oh well- back to work then. A suitably annoying tube journey up to Tottenham Court Road (the voice over the tannoy said that the Metropolitan line wasn't working so we all crammed onto a Jubilee line train, which, you've guessed it, was then overtaken by several Met line trains. Am I the only person who thinks that they do this deliberately?) got me to Starbucks in time for a coffee and a rant with Stu before we resurrected the 'We Will Rock You' guitars once again. Stu's been told that there's an extra performance coming up- did he really say that it's going to be at St. Pancras station?!?

In the meantime, the next few days look like this-

Friday- Blues Brothers gig in Zurich. Yes, you read that bit right.
Saturday- Pistols gig in Hitchin, at Toby the drummer's stepson's 18th birthday. Yes, you read that bit right as well.
Sunday- Blues Brothers gig in Windsor. At least it's only down the road.
Monday- back to working in the shop (probably, unless I start again on Tuesday), then a Barflies rehearsal in the evening.

I really must remember to 'take it easy' and 'be careful' mustn't I?

No comments: